Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Version 2 Mini-Quad

I have not posted much about recent happenings, but I am definitely working on a revised version of the mini-quad. Not much has changed, just little revisions to make it easier to strap the battery in. I also moved the video transmitter antenna mast hole forward a little bit. The rest of the changes are mostly aesthetic.

The one big change is not to the frame itself, but to the power system. The current setup includes Sunnysky X2204S 2300kv motors and an 1800mAh 3s battery, with Lumenier 12A ESC's.

The new setup will include includes Cobra 2204 1960kv motors, KISS 18A ESCs, and 4s battery pack. This should give the quad a bit more pep and also better lifting capabilities. I wil test initially with the 6x3 HQ Props, but eventually 6x4.5 props will also be tested.

I just received the G10/FR4 for the frames and will be sending it to Twitchity to have a couple copies of the revised frame cut. Hoping to have the Version 2 frame flying by the end of October at the latest. In the meantime, I've come up with another new quad project, which I will start posting details about soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment