Sunday, August 17, 2014

Wiring up the Mini-Quad

Last night I began wiring up the mini-quad starting with the motors and the "dirty" section where the speed control is located. I am using the 12amp 4in1 ESC from Ready to Fly Quads, so all 4 motors are wired into the printed circuit board. I am using 18awg wiring from the ESC to the motors, and 16awg for the battery leads.

Soldering 18awg extensions to the motor leads:
 I shrink wrapped each lead, and then covered the bundle with expando to clean things up:
 Soldering the first motor to the 4in1 ESC, maybe a little heavy on the flux:
 All motor leads lengthened, just need to solder 3 motors to the ESC still:
 Completed "dirty" section with all motors wired, power leads, and capacitor added.

I also began wiring the "clean" section, but because it was so late and I was excited to get things done, I didn't take any pictures. I will go back and do that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment