Sunday, August 17, 2014

New G10/FR4 Arms for the mini-quad

The new G10/FR4 arms have arrived! Thanks to Twitchity in the Flite Test Forums again!

I wasn't really getting anywhere as in regards to having the aluminum arms manufactured, so I went ahead and redesigned them to be made out of G10/FR4 plate. The plate used was .125" thick which provides plenty of stiffness for the application.

 G10/FR4 Arms ready to be installed:
Arms assembled with "dirty" frame section:
Spacers required for fitment of new arms:
New arms also required new nuts and bolts:
Slots cut in arm for zip tie to secure motor wire leads:

I am pretty happy with these arms and I will probably stick with them since the aluminum arms were going to be costly. I went ahead and had two sets of these made, so chances are I will build another mini-quad in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment