Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Printed Tricopter Parts Have Arrived!

I've actually been working on this project since Thanksgiving, and I've been gathering parts as I go, but the most exciting pieces just arrived today! Shapeways printed the main section pieces for me as well as the yaw mech. I was so excited to finally have the parts, I couldn't help but do a quick mockup assembly with the pieces:


So onto the specs:
  • Construction: 3D SLS printed nylon main section, G10/FR4 arms
  • Frame size: 250mm MTM
  • Props: HQProp 6045
  • Motors: Cobra 2204 2300kv
  • ESCs: KISS 12A 2-4s
  • Yaw Servo: Hitec HS-45B
  • Flight Controller: Acro Naze32
  • Battery: Multirotor Superstore 1300mAh 3S 45/90c
  • Flight/Recording Cam: Fat Shark Pilot HD V2 (low latency)
  • VTX: Range Video 5.8GHz 200mW
  • RC RX: Futaba R2106GF 6ch FHSS
  • RC TX: Futaba 14SG(H)
Tricopter with the upper shell removed:


The main plate has pockets designed in to situate most of the electronics. I intend to secure components with a dab of 5min epoxy or double sided tape, not sure which yet though. Topside mounted is the Naze32 and two of the ESC's for the front motors. Also visible is the Pilot HD V2. Once all this is wired up, the RC receiver and VTX will also be sandwiched up here between the top shell.


The tilt mechanism is made from printed parts, and uses a Hitec HS-45HB Servo:

Tricopter with props on for mockup, this is more or less how it will look sans the LiPo battery:


I am actually posting this a bit late, and my progress on this project is a lot further along than this post indicates. Look for upcoming posts to explain this and update the progress on the printed tricopter.

No comments:

Post a Comment