Saturday, November 8, 2014

Gimbal Quad Prototype Ready to Fly!

Finally finished the initial build-up of the Gimbal Mini-Quad! Here are a few pictures of the build below. I was also very glad the All Up Weight (AUW) stayed around the 1150g range. According to the build info I've seen this means my quad is below the 1414g weight of the Blackout 330 with gimbal. Not quite a 300g difference, but I will take it! Maybe I need to consider making this thing out of carbon fiber and seeing if I can lower the weight.

Gimbal assembly, you can finally see the G10 plate I call the bowtie:

Gimbal ready for GoPro!

20A Multirotor Superstore ESC's all packed into the dirty section:

Fully assembled Gimbal Mini-quad on the scales:

Added about 14g of weight to balance out the gimbal:

Still right around 1150g, even with added mass to balance the gimbal:

Hobbyking Quanum 2-axis Licensed AlexMos BGC:

I am pretty happy with how it has come out so far. Hoping to get some flights in soon and try out the autotune feature on the Sparky flight controller!

No comments:

Post a Comment