Tuesday, September 9, 2014

New 12A ESC's for the Mini-Quad

So long story short, I somehow toasted one of the channels on my 12a 4in1 ESC. I am not sure exactly why it happened, but I have a notion that one of the motors had a pinched winding due to too much epoxy in the housing and the mounting screws protruding inwards. Anyways, I decided that if I was going to go through the trouble to re-wire the whole dirty section of the quad, I wanted to have separate ESC's in case this happened again.

After removing the 4in1 ESC from the frame, I began by making a power distribution board. This design is semi-inspired by the "cinecoin" in the Flying Cinema Cinetank. I made this using a dremel and a double sided copper clad PC board from Radio Shack.

New Power Distribution "coin":
All new 12A Lumenier ESC's soldered to power distribution:
New ESC's installed in dirty frame:

I also went ahead and replaced the motor that was connected to the burnt out channel on the 4in1 ESC to ensure that I didn't burn out any of the new ESC's for the same reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment